A great weekJune 02, 2008 by Bill Strong
We had a great week last week with Gwendolyn. Her strength has improved remarkably and Victoria and I feel as if she is stronger than she has been since we left for Stanford over two months ago. She's coming off of her bi-pap (breathing machine) for many hours a day and is completely off of oxygen at this point. It's great to see and has definitely helped raise our spirits. Here are some highlights from our week:
- On Memorial Day we loaded up the red wagon and took a trek up to the Mission Santa Barbara to check out the I Madonnari chalk art. It was more crowded than we had expected so we never made it all the way up to the Mission but we stopped to relax at the rose garden near the fountain and enjoyed the music and beautiful weather. Gwendolyn loved the ride and the wind in her hair as usual. We're definitely still trying to perfect and get comfortable with a stress free way to get outside but we're working on it.
- We had several visitors this week which was great for us and Gwendolyn since she is so strong right now.
- Gwendolyn loves dancing to "Bear Necessities" with Mommy.
- She has also fallen in love with the portable DVD player that Gramma gave her and Baby Einstein and Sesame Street are big hits.
- Daddy taught Gwendolyn to wave "bye-bye". She loves it. It's really something else.
- Gwendolyn had her first taste of normal food this week. Although she can't eat orally we gave her a lick of a green apple and a taste of a blueberry and her face absolutely lit up.
Talk About It
Are You An SMA Carrier? Advocating for the Affordable Care Act: Gwendolyn's Story (Video) It Arrived!!! Let the Adventures Begin!
200k for sma featured gwendolyn strong foundation news fundraiser spinal muscular atrophy gwendolyn teamgsf sma tips friends parenting a child with disabilities sma awareness sponsor-a-mile family development concerned acts of kindness birthday video hospitalization chase community giving travel sma treatment acceleration act therapy good things for gwendolynShow More
200k for sma featured gwendolyn strong foundation news fundraiser spinal muscular atrophy gwendolyn teamgsf sma tips friends parenting a child with disabilities sma awareness sponsor-a-mile family development concerned acts of kindness birthday video hospitalization chase community giving travel sma treatment acceleration act therapy good things for gwendolyn holidays doctor research g-tube transportation special outing uncategorized power chair newly diagnosed daily care health insurance sma carrier screening 3rd birthday giveaway photographer adapted toys grief sitting up smaheadlines.com 2nd birthday clinical trial unite for the cure medi-cal 1st birthday hospiceHide Tags
2019May (1) April (1)
2018December (1) November (2) October (3) September (1) August (2) July (2) June (1) April (1) March (1)
2017October (3) September (1) April (1) March (1) January (2)
2016December (1) November (1) October (1) September (2) August (2) July (1) June (1) May (1) April (2) February (2) January (4)
2015December (2) November (1) October (2) September (2) August (4) July (3) June (2) May (1) April (2) January (4)
2014November (3) October (3) September (3) August (3) July (3) May (1) April (1) March (5) February (2) January (2)
2013December (2) November (3) October (3) September (3) August (4) July (2) June (4) May (3) April (4) March (3) February (5) January (5)
2012December (3) November (8) October (4) September (5) August (8) July (7) June (8) May (8) April (9) March (7) February (9) January (9)
2011December (9) November (16) October (15) September (14) August (15) July (16) June (13) May (27) April (22) March (21) February (20) January (21)
2010December (19) November (22) October (16) September (23) August (23) July (27) June (24) May (24) April (21) March (26) February (19) January (24)
2009December (21) November (20) October (31) September (25) August (25) July (47) June (44) May (34) April (27) March (35) February (35) January (35)
2008December (37) November (22) October (31) September (20) August (30) July (27) June (18) May (5) April (6) March (3) February (1) January (2)
2007December (7) October (1)