SB Marathon: Join Team GSFMay 07, 2012 by Victoria
So you want to be part of Team GSF in the Santa Barbara International Marathon, Half Marathon, or Relay? AWESOME! We are continually inspired by those who push their physical strength to the limits to help conquer a disease that robs children of theirs. Whether this is your first race or you are a seasoned pro, we welcome all runners to join us on November 10, 2012 as Team GSF once again competes in the relay, half and full marathon. WE RUN SO ONE DAY THEY CAN TOO!
- Step One. -- Officially commit to Team GSF by completing this simple form.
- Step Two. -- Officially register with Santa Barbara International Marathon (SBIM). On the last page of the registration process enter this code: 2012SBIMGSF. Prices increase soon and the relay and half will SELL OUT.
- Step Three. -- Create your online fundraising page here. Then email it, Facebook it, tweet it, carrier pigeon it to your friends and family so they can support what you are doing.
- Step Four. -- Train your heart out and remember you are awesome.
- Step Five. -- Complete the SBIM on November 10th and bask in the glow of awesomeness. Not only did you do something amazing for yourself, you also raised money to help theGSF's mission to change SMA.
FUNDRAISING. By joining "Team GSF" you are agreeing to raise funds for theGSF to support our programs. We are asking each team member to raise $1,000 to help us reach the collective goal of $50,000. Remember, theGSF is an all volunteer nonprofit, so every dollar will go toward the SMA cause. You can raise funds via individual donations from family and friends and/or via gathering Team Sponsors. Team Sponsors will be recognized via social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, blog) and will be printed on the official Team GSF race jersey.
Team Sponsor Levels:
Platinum Sponsor: $1,000+
Team Sponsor: $500 - $1,000
EVENT DETAILS. Event activities include a pre-race celebration dinner at the Canary Hotel on Friday, November 9th at 5:00 pm and an optional post-race celebration at Rusty's Pizza Lighthouse on Saturday, November 10th at 5:00 pm. You will receive an official race jersey and additional Team GSF goodies at the pre-race celebration. We will email you a training plan and fundraising tips to help you reach your goals. And we will organize some fun training runs in the Santa Barbara area.
Thank you for getting involved and making your personal triumph truly powerful by raising funds to change SMA.