Ringing in the New Year with Family!January 02, 2011 by Victoria Strong My sister and her family have been visiting and we got to ring in the new year together. I love when my sister, Elizabeth, my brother-in-law, Chad, and my nephews, William and Henry, visit -- love, love, love it! They just left this morning and I now have a sorry case of the dreary wearies -- I always do after they leave. So to boost myself out of this self-induced pity party, I am making a list of all the things I love about them and their visit.
- I love the relationship Gwendolyn has with all of them. She loves them each so much and is so excited to be in the middle of the fun and attention.
- I love that William (who is 7) is incredibly gentle, patient, thoughtful, and sensitive to Gwendolyn and her needs. And I love the little conversations he would have with Gwendolyn and how enthusiastic he is to play with her, read her stories, or simply hold her hand.
- I love that Henry (who is 3) calls Gwendolyn, Gwenowen and always asks, "Mommy, where is Gwenowen?" when she's napping. I love that he gets excited about playing dress up with her and having tea parties together.
- I love that Gwendolyn loved giving kisses to everyone -- big ones.
- I love that we played games, danced for hours, laughed a lot, and had a giant snuggled up movie party with popcorn.
- I love that my sister gave Gwendolyn a full pampering beauty salon, painting her nails and toes purple with sparkles. Gwendolyn felt so special!
- I love that Gwendolyn told Aunt Elizabeth she loved her and I love that my sister understood what she said without us having to translate.
- I love that after the children are all tucked into bed the four of us pop open the good wine, chat the night away, and always have fun together.
- I love that Bill and Chad are friends, can talk about anything, and have fun together on their own.
- I love that my sister is such an incredible friend -- cheering me on, boosting me up, holding me close when I need it, and is always, always there for me. And I love that she knows me better than I sometimes know myself.
- And I love that my sister, brother-in-law, and nephews are pretty much the most awesome people on the planet (I'm pretty sure that can be proven on Wikipedia) -- and I love that they are all mine!
Talk About It
Are You An SMA Carrier? Advocating for the Affordable Care Act: Gwendolyn's Story (Video) It Arrived!!! Let the Adventures Begin!
200k for sma news featured gwendolyn strong foundation fundraiser spinal muscular atrophy gwendolyn teamgsf sma tips parenting a child with disabilities sma awareness friends sponsor-a-mile development acts of kindness concerned family birthday video hospitalization chase community giving sma treatment acceleration act therapy travel good things for gwendolynShow More
200k for sma news featured gwendolyn strong foundation fundraiser spinal muscular atrophy gwendolyn teamgsf sma tips parenting a child with disabilities sma awareness friends sponsor-a-mile development acts of kindness concerned family birthday video hospitalization chase community giving sma treatment acceleration act therapy travel good things for gwendolyn holidays doctor g-tube transportation research special outing newly diagnosed power chair uncategorized health insurance daily care sma carrier screening 3rd birthday giveaway photographer adapted toys grief sitting up smaheadlines.com 2nd birthday clinical trial unite for the cure 1st birthday hospice medi-calHide Tags
2018September (1) August (2) July (2) June (1) April (1) March (1)
2017October (3) September (1) April (1) March (1) January (2)
2016December (1) November (1) October (1) September (2) August (2) July (1) June (1) May (1) April (2) February (2) January (4)
2015December (2) November (1) October (2) September (2) August (4) July (3) June (2) May (1) April (2) January (4)
2014November (3) October (3) September (3) August (3) July (3) May (1) April (1) March (5) February (2) January (2)
2013December (2) November (3) October (3) September (3) August (4) July (2) June (4) May (3) April (4) March (3) February (5) January (5)
2012December (3) November (8) October (4) September (5) August (8) July (7) June (8) May (8) April (9) March (7) February (9) January (9)
2011December (9) November (16) October (15) September (14) August (15) July (16) June (13) May (27) April (22) March (21) February (20) January (21)
2010December (19) November (22) October (16) September (23) August (23) July (27) June (24) May (24) April (21) March (26) February (19) January (24)
2009December (21) November (20) October (31) September (25) August (25) July (47) June (44) May (34) April (27) March (35) February (35) January (35)
2008December (37) November (22) October (31) September (20) August (30) July (27) June (18) May (5) April (6) March (3) February (1) January (2)
2007December (7) October (1)