New key House E&C committee appointments; we need your help!!!December 11, 2008 by Bill Strong If you live in or know someone who lives in Florida, Maryland, Connecticut, Ohio, California, Iowa, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, please read on; we need your help!!!
Yesterday, Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the new appointments to the House of Representatives Energy & Commerce Committee. This influential committee is important to the future of the SMA Treatment Acceleration Act, as it is where the legislation currently resides in the House of Representatives. The new E&C Committee appointments are:
- Congresswoman Donna Christensen of the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Congresswoman Kathy Castor of Florida (11th District)
- Congressman John Sarbanes of Maryland (3rd District)
- Congressman Chris Murphy of Connecticut (5th District)
- Congressman Zack Space of Ohio (18th District)
- Congressman Jerry McNerney of California (11th District)
- Congresswoman Betty Sutton of Ohio (13th District)
- Congressman Bruce Braley of Iowa (1st District)
If you or anyone you may know live in the Districts of these new committee appointments listed above, there are two things that you can do to help make sure they are aware that the SMA Treatment Acceleration Act has broad support and needs their attention:
- Make sure that you and everyone you know in these Districts has taken 30 seconds to sign the online petition, PetitionToCureSMA.com, in favor of this legislation. We've gathered nearly 30,000 signatures and counting to date, but we need more support -- especially from these key Districts.
- Write a letter to or call the Representative in your District and let them know that the SMA Treatment Acceleration Act (H.R. 3334) is important to you and that you'd like them to support the legislation. You can write your Representative online by clicking here.
Talk About It
Are You An SMA Carrier? Advocating for the Affordable Care Act: Gwendolyn's Story (Video) It Arrived!!! Let the Adventures Begin!
200k for sma news featured gwendolyn strong foundation fundraiser spinal muscular atrophy gwendolyn teamgsf sma tips parenting a child with disabilities sma awareness friends sponsor-a-mile development concerned acts of kindness birthday family hospitalization video chase community giving therapy sma treatment acceleration act good things for gwendolyn travelShow More
200k for sma news featured gwendolyn strong foundation fundraiser spinal muscular atrophy gwendolyn teamgsf sma tips parenting a child with disabilities sma awareness friends sponsor-a-mile development concerned acts of kindness birthday family hospitalization video chase community giving therapy sma treatment acceleration act good things for gwendolyn travel holidays doctor g-tube transportation research special outing power chair newly diagnosed uncategorized health insurance 3rd birthday daily care sma carrier screening giveaway photographer adapted toys grief sitting up 2nd birthday smaheadlines.com unite for the cure clinical trial 1st birthday hospice medi-calHide Tags
2017October (3) September (1) April (1) March (1) January (2)
2016December (1) November (1) October (1) September (2) August (2) July (1) June (1) May (1) April (2) February (2) January (4)
2015December (2) November (1) October (2) September (2) August (4) July (3) June (2) May (1) April (2) January (4)
2014November (3) October (3) September (3) August (3) July (3) May (1) April (1) March (5) February (2) January (2)
2013December (2) November (3) October (3) September (3) August (4) July (2) June (4) May (3) April (4) March (3) February (5) January (5)
2012December (3) November (8) October (4) September (5) August (8) July (7) June (8) May (8) April (9) March (7) February (9) January (9)
2011December (9) November (16) October (15) September (14) August (15) July (16) June (13) May (27) April (22) March (21) February (20) January (21)
2010December (19) November (22) October (16) September (23) August (23) July (27) June (24) May (24) April (21) March (26) February (19) January (24)
2009December (21) November (20) October (31) September (25) August (25) July (47) June (44) May (34) April (27) March (35) February (35) January (35)
2008December (37) November (22) October (31) September (20) August (30) July (27) June (18) May (5) April (6) March (3) February (1) January (2)
2007December (7) October (1)