Day Two: Voting Still StrongJanuary 17, 2010 by Victoria Strong Today the race really got going. There are definitely some big pushes happening and the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation is in the ranks! We were in 6th place tonight on the leaderboard with over 8,300 votes. That is awesome! And there are quite a few things in the works as everyone continues pounding the pavement that will really help keep up the momentum. We have staying power -- we just have to keep at it!
Here are some things that have worked really well:
- Contacting every friend you have on facebook asking them to vote -- writing on their wall or sending a direct message.
- Asking friends or friends-of-friends or friends-of-friends-of-friends to help out -- especially anyone who is social media savvy, has a big twitter following, a lot of facebook friends, or is an administer to a facebook fan page or group.
- If you know someone who knows someone with any celeb connections now is the time to ask -- a simple tweet or message to their facebook fans with the VoteForSMA.com link is huge!
- Teens -- those teens are tech savvy and most are willing to help if you tell them about the cause. Get teens involved -- ask them to tweet the link, bug their friends, etc.
- Bloggers -- Send direct emails to bloggers...especially blogs you follow. They are welcome to post the video. Or perhaps they will at least tweet the link.
- Media -- Go on the radio, do an interview, ask the paper to cover the story.
- Voting stations -- set up a booth at a mall with your computer and get people to vote right there. Download flyers to help.
- Ask, ask, ask!!!
Talk About It
Are You An SMA Carrier? Advocating for the Affordable Care Act: Gwendolyn's Story (Video) It Arrived!!! Let the Adventures Begin!
200k for sma news featured gwendolyn strong foundation fundraiser spinal muscular atrophy teamgsf gwendolyn sma tips parenting a child with disabilities sma awareness friends sponsor-a-mile development concerned acts of kindness birthday family hospitalization video chase community giving therapy sma treatment acceleration act holidays good things for gwendolynShow More
200k for sma news featured gwendolyn strong foundation fundraiser spinal muscular atrophy teamgsf gwendolyn sma tips parenting a child with disabilities sma awareness friends sponsor-a-mile development concerned acts of kindness birthday family hospitalization video chase community giving therapy sma treatment acceleration act holidays good things for gwendolyn travel g-tube doctor transportation research special outing power chair newly diagnosed 3rd birthday uncategorized health insurance daily care sma carrier screening photographer giveaway adapted toys grief sitting up unite for the cure clinical trial 2nd birthday smaheadlines.com hospice 1st birthday medi-calHide Tags
2017September (1) April (1) March (1) January (2)
2016December (1) November (1) October (1) September (2) August (2) July (1) June (1) May (1) April (2) February (2) January (4)
2015December (2) November (1) October (2) September (2) August (4) July (3) June (2) May (1) April (2) January (4)
2014November (3) October (3) September (3) August (3) July (3) May (1) April (1) March (5) February (2) January (2)
2013December (2) November (3) October (3) September (3) August (4) July (2) June (4) May (3) April (4) March (3) February (5) January (5)
2012December (3) November (8) October (4) September (5) August (8) July (7) June (8) May (8) April (9) March (7) February (9) January (9)
2011December (9) November (16) October (15) September (14) August (15) July (16) June (13) May (27) April (22) March (21) February (20) January (21)
2010December (19) November (22) October (16) September (23) August (23) July (27) June (24) May (24) April (21) March (26) February (19) January (24)
2009December (21) November (20) October (31) September (25) August (25) July (47) June (44) May (34) April (27) March (35) February (35) January (35)
2008December (37) November (22) October (31) September (20) August (30) July (27) June (18) May (5) April (6) March (3) February (1) January (2)
2007December (7) October (1)