Check out SMAHeadlines.com | SMA news in one place.March 16, 2011 by Bill Strong
A few months ago the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation (GSF) launched an extremely simple project. It's called SMAHeadlines.com and that's exactly what it is. Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) news from across the globe organized and shared from one website.
For such a "little known disease", we've always been shocked at the number of SMA articles that are being published every single day around the world. But, we've also been frustrated that there isn't one place that we can find access to those stories or go back to search or peruse the archives. So, we built it. It's simple, but we think it's effective. And we hope you find it useful.
A few ways to find us:
- Web: Go to SMAHeadlines.com
- Facebook: "Like" us on Facebook
- Twitter: "Follow" the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation (@gsfoundation)
- Email: Click here to subscribe
- Over 140 SMA articles have been shared in a few months since launching
- Articles have been published across 11 countries and 31 states in the U.S.
- The U.S. tops the list of most stories published followed by the U.K. and Australia
- California leads the way with the most stories in the U.S.
- The most popular categories are fundraiser, inspiration, and research
- The most popular story to date (hands down) -- A Rockville Centre boys wish comes true